Can I uninstall the entire Xbox networking/gaming tab on Windows 10?

Updated on February 11, 2019 in General Operating System
1 on February 11, 2019
0 Shares

I am not an avid gamer. I have no consoles. All I run is either games I downloaded onto my computer from Steam or from somewhere I trust. Can I get rid of the ENTIRE network for the gaming stuff? I don’t want to stream games, I don’t want to record games, I just want to play the simple games I downloaded from Steam or online. And if Steam is connected to the games, I can just redownload those two games from the actual sites. All Xbox’s stuff seems to be doing is taking up space, annoying me, and causing issues, because even though I have uninstalled the “Xbox APP” the other things are STILL RUNNING. I don’t know if it’s safe to even TRY to ‘end task’ on them, because it says it could make Windows unstable. And I’m assuming they’re trying to tell me they don’t want me to get rid of it EVER because the uninstall boxes are GREYED OUT. I want them gone, as long as they don’t actually do me any good. Because I never plan to get an Xbox account nor an Xbox, I don’t play console games. I just don’t like the controls. I don’t need Xbox networking. I don’t need a “game bar” or “game DVR.” I don’t need TruePlay because I don’t play with anyone aside someone I know isn’t going to absolutely screw over my in-game experience and we as a general rule of thumb do not play with anyone else online. Therefore, I really don’t even know if I need a “game mode” as I never attempt to do anything with it anyway. Unless it actually affects something OTHER than Xbox related things, like something I ACTUALLY NEED on my PC to run it, can someone PLEASE tell me there’s a way to get rid of all the useless things?

0 Shares

• Liked by
0 on February 11, 2019

Hello jiminpark, when you uninstalled the xbox app, did you use the multiple commands in our guide? Check them and tell me if you executed them all:

https://win10faq.com/how-to-remove-the-xbox-app-from-windows-10/

These commands must be run on Powershell but in an administrator mode. Just read the article and follow it and I’ll be here to help you further!

• Liked by
Cancel