Hyper X cloud stinger Mic not working with Windows 10

Updated on November 24, 2018 in Software
13 on September 28, 2017

Good afternoon Everyone,

Windows is not detecting any microphone on my computer. I have a set of Hyper X cloud stingers that i want to use. the Mic is detected and installed but no sound is detected. I tired using a friends wireless headset to make sure that it was not an issue with the port and they did not work either. I’m convinced its a software issue. I Have uninstalled the drivers SEVERAL times and restarted my computer to no avail.

Please got someone help me.
– Windows 10 Version 15063.608
– ASUS STRIX motherboard
– Corsair Crystal 570 case
– Hyper x Cloud Stinger Headset

• Liked by
0 on September 28, 2017

Additional information:

I Have also gone to test my mic here just out of curiosity and I got nothing. 

Please god help me. i’m going to destroy my PC.

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on September 28, 2017

Hello LTxTROCK,
You’ve done a great job proving that it’s not a hardware issue, so now we have to solve this software problem, I would suggest you to follow these steps and maybe you’ll get it fixed:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your task bar and choose Recording Devices.
  • Right-click on your internal microphone and choose set as default device.
  • Right-click again on your internal microphone and then choose Properties.
  • In the “Levels” tab make sure that level and boost are set to the maximum like this ( but in your case try to lower the boost a little bit to cancel the noise):
  • In the “Enhancements” tab, and then make sure to check the “Disable all sound effects” checkbox.

Now visit the “Advanced” tab too and make sure to uncheck the “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” checkbox and click “OK“.  (Also uncheck the “Enable audio enhancements” check box if found)
    In the main menu, go to the “Communications” tab and select the “Do nothing” radio button and then click OK.
  • Restart your computer

Please tell us if it works, if it didn’t please don’t give up and don’t destroy your PC, I’ll be happy to discuss further solutions.

on October 1, 2017

Thanks for the lengthy and detailed steps, Mina. I have a similar problem with my Hyper X Cloud Stingers that I bought today, and wasted 5 hours of my time just trying to get it to be detected by my Acer Nitro 5. I went through the steps as you listed out above — to no avail. It just doesn’t work.
I guess I will take it back to the store to get a refund. THanks.

on October 1, 2017

Hey polywarg,
you’re always welcome. It’s a good idea yes but first make sure it’s not an issue from the headset itself. Did you try it on another computer and made sure it worked? Also are using your USB or 3.5mm jack? and finally did you try to download the audio driver from Acer’s website? Please give me your laptop full model number (from the list below) and I may help you find the suitable audio driver, it may work.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on October 1, 2017

Hey Mina,

Sorry for not posting back sooner. Shortly after my Quasi-rant and restarting after manually installing a driver my Mic worked. I just read your your step by step anyway and it was fantastic. thank you.

on October 1, 2017

Hey LTxROCK,
it’s totally okay, I’m so happy you could fix it. You’re always welcome. Please come back if you face any issues with Windows 10, we’ll be very happy to help. Have a nice day!

on September 11, 2018

Mina, I’ve the same problem! But i can’t find the driver to resolve…
I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 and a pairs of HyperX Cloud Stinger.
Can you help me?

Thanks you in advice.

on September 14, 2018
Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on October 1, 2018

I have HyperX cloud stingers with an asus strix z370f and the headset doesnt seem to work. I can hear other people but they cannot here me

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on October 4, 2018

Hello IsaacW, I suggest that you start by going to this link, choosing your operating system from here, then download and install the Audio driver you’ll find there and then give your computer a couple of reboots and then check if the problem is fixed. Also, turn your microphone boost to the maximum in the properties your microphone (found in the recording devices).
Please comeback if this didn’t help, we always have tons of fixes for this kind of problems. Good luck!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 24, 2018

Yeah gday i have an acer nitro 5 and my stingers wont display in the microphone tab of sound management. just plugged into the audio jack and the sound comes through them fine but no audio is received from the microphone and the built in mic is the only available recording device. If anyone can let me know where to find the drivers that fixed the above problem that would be mighty helpful.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 24, 2018

nvm fixed it haha im an idiot

on November 24, 2018

Oh never mind 😀 Good to have you here anyway!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel