Recording Issue Windows 10

Updated on January 7, 2019 in Devices
6 on November 27, 2018

I have a Dell PC Inspiron 3847 – Model D16M.  I am using the plug-in port on the front of my tower to plug-in my microphone.  I have only gotten it to work one time initially; now it does not record and I only get one bar.  I have tried all of the advice that you gave on your instructional and nothing is working!

I have tried my mic on my laptop which runs Win8.1 and it works great.

I would like to get things to work on my PC using Adobe Spark.

Can you please look up the audio Driver that would be best for my PC?  I found one that was on the Dell site (it was from 2015) so I am not sure if it was the best. 

Seems like Win 10 has issues with this generally.

Thanks so much! 

• Liked by
0 on November 27, 2018

Hello, I think you got the latest one I’ve also found on Dell’s website here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-3847-desktop/drivers

However let’s try something else. Try to connect the microphone to the back of you computer and not the front. Front panels usually have connection issues and maybe the back ones are working fine. Also, make sure you set your recording device inside the apps like Adobe Spark in order to assure using it. You can always set it as default in the recording devices list as well.

Please give the back panels a shot and tell me if something happens. Good luck!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 27, 2018

Thank you Mina!  So I just tried this.  Funny, if i turn the volume way up, I CAN hear my recorded voice faintly!  So, it IS recording.  The recorded voice is coming through my left PC speaker only.  Hmmm. Strange!  My speakers have been working fine with everything else, just as normal.

Any thoughts?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 27, 2018

I just tried right clicking on the Sound icon in my lower right screen.  Brought up the SOUND sector. There is a section for “testing microphone” and when I speak into the mic, the bar on the line indicating strength  barely moves.  

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 27, 2018

Sorry for the multiple entries.

So on the Sound section “App Volume and Device PReference”, where I can customize settings for apps,  I see that Adobe Spark is not listed.  Should it be there?  How would I get it there if so?  Thanks so much!

Thanks

on November 28, 2018

Hey, the important thing is that you can find Adobe Spark in the list at:

Settings > Privacy > Microphone (can be found at the left pane).

If you find it there, make sure you turn it on.

Other question, when you open the recording devices list like this one, do you see only one bar too?

green bars rising

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 7, 2019

When i got similar problem then after updating the driver, Issue has been resolved. But other methods already discussed here.

• Liked by
Cancel