THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Win 10 Mic Problems Thread (continued)

Updated on August 12, 2017 in Devices
1 on November 28, 2015

my mic isn’t appearing in the recording device at all ??!

on March 31, 2016

I have the exact same problem! Any solution for you, or found, please?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 28, 2015

I have a basic HyperX Steele Series head set, and my audio works fine, but my mic doesn’t. What makes this more irritating is that when I use the set up mic if I’m listening to something it causes the bar to bounce as if I’m speaking.
   I’ve updated, I’ve rolled back, reupdated, uninstalled, restarted many times. I don’t have a sound card, just the basic built in via HD.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 5, 2015

Ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 my internal microphone and headset microphone hasn’t been working. I went to recording devices and enabled disconnected and disabled devices but there is no microphone there. I also went to my device manager to scan for hardware changes and driver updates and that still didn’t work. I’ve even downloaded programs to search for more driver updates but it never minds any microphone driver updates.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 6, 2015

Hey,
I just got a new microphone (Philips SBC MD110). I´ve tried every solution I could find, but it doesn´t work. The problem is that my microphone doesn´t show up in the device manager. I have also clicked on “show disabled devices”, but nothing.
My Windows version is 10.0 (build 10240)

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 7, 2015

I am using a Platronics Blackwire M220 M. It seems that moving to Windows 10 has taken out the microphone. When I try to fix it, the error message that ‘USB composite device is an older device and might not work with USB 3.0″. Microsoft, Platronics, and Lenovo say that this should not make a difference. The audio is crystal clear. The microphone works not at all Drivers have been reinstalled. Help! 

Build 1511 OS build 10586.17

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 10, 2015

I followed all the instructions in the article about fixing and troubleshooting my mic, then it brought me here.

Nothing there worked, including reinstalling the drivers.

My microphone is a Sennheiser CX 275s. But shortly after this one stopped working, I tried a new one. The other one that I tried is the Monoprice 110153.

Thanks for your time and help 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 11, 2015

Up until the most recent update, my microphone was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my computer and it suddenly disappeared from the playback/recording devices.
Mic: Blue Yeti
PC Version/Build: Windows 10 (Build 10240)

Edit: I found it in my drivers, but can’t figure out the issue. It says “Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)” and when I go to details – problem code, it gives me the value “0000000A”. Could I get some help with that?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 12, 2015

I installed a new ssd. That caused me a lot of unespected problem but after more than a month i can have my pc back.
Now my microphone stop working

Mic: Steelseries Siberia (v2 ? i’m not sure)
PC Version/Build: Windows 10 (Build 10240)

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 13, 2015

I have the $30 Logitech mic headset.  The mic doesn’t work now, but it did before.  I tried uninstalling/installing and right-clicking the sound icon etc.  Does this happen with the Microsoft LifeChat headphone?  Isn’t this sort of a serious problem, what with Google Voice and the other online phone services?  I’m sort of surprised this is happening.
I get ‘Your microphone is working properly’ everywhere I go, but . . 
I’m in Windows 10.0 build 10240
Thanks.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on December 14, 2015

– What’s the problem exactly?
Lenovo B570e i3 built-in and headset mike inop since win 7 to win 10. Tried reinstall of realtek drivers, no difference…Just installed w10 1511, still no mike.
– What is the name of your microphone/recording device?
Realtek High Def Audio
– What Windows version are you using? (to check hold Windows Key+R and type winver into the box that opens up, click enter).
Win 10 v1511 (os build 10586.29)

on January 17, 2016

Hi there,

Please let us know the following details related to your driver.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Device Manager.
  2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click on the device driver mentioned, and click on Properties.
  3. Click on the Details tab and select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu under section Property.

Please provide the details under section Value in the next post. If you are uncomfortable in providing the details precisely, you may also send a screenshot of the Hardware ID details.

Keep us updated!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel