THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Win 10 Mic Problems Thread (continued)

Updated on August 12, 2017 in Devices
0 on December 22, 2015

I am running windows 10 version 1511 (OS build 10586.36) I have a eurocom scorpius P370EM. I’ve been using the internal mic since I got it, and I’m pretty sure that it stopped working when windows 10 had an update. None of the green bars go up or down, but My plug in webcam mic works. I’ve tried everything on the win10faq help page that I was directed to this forum from. I can’t revert to windows 8 now, and I’d really like to use the built in microphone. Please help if you can, thanks.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 22, 2015

If you are interested in coming together for some type of legal action against Microsoft, please e-mail me at lolocowboy0@yahoo.com

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 22, 2015

If you are interested in coming together for some type of legal action against Microsoft, please e-mail me at lolocowboy0@yahoo.com

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 29, 2015

I have apple earphones that have a mic, but when i try to use it. It doesn’t work. I even tried using beats headphones, but that doesn’t work either. But, when i take it out the green bars pop-up for a second then disappear. It’s like there is a certain spot to get to work, but when i try to find it. It still doesn’t work. I don know if it is just because they are both supposed to be just for listening to things, or if it’s because my computer is messed up.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 29, 2015

Let’s face the hard facts.  The replies are just jerking us around.  Microsoft won’t fix it until they have to.  Please write your local Better Business Bureau about this problem.  There are steps to take if Microsoft will not listen to BBB also.  E-mail me at lolocowboy0@yahoo.com if you would like directions as to how to start this legal effort.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 4, 2016

When I try to adjust the microphone settings (right click on the sound icon in the task bar) it displays something called ‘Microphone array’. Absolutely nothing works. The microphone is on the highest level and it sounds (skype test call) like it’s almost off, barely audible.

on January 19, 2016

Hi Paul,

I understand your concern. Windows 10 provides 2 pre-installed audio troubleshooters. In your case, please refer to the following steps to run the recording audio troubleshooter:

a) Click on Search on the Taskbar.
b) Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and then press Enter.
c) Select Troubleshooting. Click on View All and select Recording audio.
d) Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, let us know the make and model no. of your computer, so that we could help you install the correct version of the audio driver compatible with Windows 10.

Please report back with your results or keep us updated with the status of the issue. 🙂

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 7, 2016

8. In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

I followed this step when I searched up how to fix mic in settings. I then tried it, but the slider is stuck on 0.0 and won’t move an inch. 

So I proceeded to the next step to uninstall the mic, and restart my computer, but it still didn’t work.

I found a comment online and saw a person with the same problem. We have the same headsets, so I wondered if it was a problem with the headsets, or a problem with windows 10.
It was working fine just a couple days ago, but suddenly stopped working!

I have the HyperX Cloud II, so if anyone has the same headsets and problem with me, have you got a solution? Or does anyone know?

Thanks

on January 18, 2016

Hello Keigo,

If the issue has just started to occur a couple of days and you have not made much hardware changes to your computer or headset, I would want you to restore your system to a point in time you did not have this issue at all.

Please follow these steps to run system restore in Windows 10:

a. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

b. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

c. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

d. Choose the restore point before the date your issue occured, and then select Next > Finish.

We’d be happy if you report back with the status of the issue.

Thanks!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on January 15, 2016

Hello,
i’ve tried everything to let my microphone to work but nothing worked,
I dont know what to do.
It only works if i come so close that i’m almost eating my microphone, and then the sounds is really hard. It worked fine a couple months ago but now it doesn’t anymore

on January 18, 2016

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your part of query on the forums. However, I would suggest you to reply with the following details to diagnose your  specific issue:

a.What is the make and model number of your computer system?
b. Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
c. What does the report of windows built-in audio troubleshooters say?

In addition to that, please refer to the following guide and check if you have followed all the steps:
http://win10faq.com/fix-microphone-settings/

Keep us updated!

on January 24, 2016

Hi,
a. I am still figuring out how to find these.
b. I have tried uninstalling it en reinstalling my microphone, restarting my laptop(with waiting 10 minutes before turning on again), putting all volumes at 100%, I disabled and enabled the microphone, and I don’t know how but when I restarted it, it started to work for discord (an app that is a combination of Skype and TeamSpeak), but not for Omegle. So it could be it only doesn’t work in google chrome, but I did gave google chrome my permission to use my microphone.
c. Windows built-in audio troubleshooters say there isn’t a problem.

on January 24, 2016

Ow and I also looked through all the options of “sound”, but i couldn’t detect the problem.(I couldn’t edit my post so thats why im replying again)

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2016

Guys, Microsoft is not going to fix the problem.  It’s going to be jerking us around until it legally has to fix it.  So start by contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area.  When that fails (Microsoft will probably blow off BBB as it has no legal or monetary clout) we can get a lawyer who works on commission.  We have to go to BBB first to show we tried to get the problem fixed in good faith.  You can call 9152575792.  That’s my message phone.  If we can get four or five plaintiffs together we have a legal action.

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on January 18, 2016

1: My external microphones do not connect to my computers. 
2: ADX Firestorm H01 gaming headset
3: Windows 10 Home, version 1511 (OS-build 10586.63)

I have had this problem prevailing through 2 different acer laptops,
currently aspire v15 nitro, where I cannot get the microphone to record
any sounds. Instead, the computer utilizes the built in microphone. 
this has persisted through 3 operative systems, latter windows 8, linux OS, and windows 10

The list of devices is updated with: microphone(realtech High Definition Audio (SST)) 
whenever I plug the headset in, and the properties tell me it works as supposed. 

from the supplier, I found that the headset is supposed to be plug-and-play, so there is no drivers for the headset. 

thanks in advance

on January 19, 2016

Hi there,

From your description, I presume your built-in mic is working, however, the external mic isn’t. As the problem has persisted with 3 operating systems, the issue is likely to happen with the specific model of headset and not with the system.

Please make sure that the Microphone model is not disabled and is set as default:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that your microphone model is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if the steps help.

on January 19, 2016

I have checked for any disabled devices, but none show up, and I cannot get any of them to register any sound. I have set each as default, and checked with properties. They say the microphone is functioning properly

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel