THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Win 10 Mic Problems Thread (continued)

Updated on August 12, 2017 in Devices
1 on March 16, 2016

My problem is that even though the bar shows up and it’s my default device, the bar doesn’t show green.

I’m using Cobra Stereo earbuds with in-line mic.

I have Windows 10 version 1511 (OS build 10586.164)

In the recording devices menu, it shows up as Headset Mic IDT High Definition CODEC. I tried using the solution for that in the article, but only audio endpoint and generic software device show up in the update driver menu.

on March 20, 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask you the following questions to research on this issue better.
 – What is the make and model of your PC?
 – Have you tested another pair of headsets with the same machine to test if the issue reoccurs?

To diagnose this issue further, Please try another pair of headsets with a mic and check if they work fine.

In addition to that, I would suggest you to create your own thread on www.win10faq.com/forums with all the details regarding this issue. It will help us in providing you dedicated assistance on the issue.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on March 21, 2016

My mic works in everything EXCEPT Windows 10.

Works perfectly in TS, works in game on Steam.  Works on that mic test site.

But when I go to my mic settings Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition and try to set up my microphone, it doesn’t detect anything.  Really weird because absolutely everything else my mic works.

But it means I can’t use speech recognition in Windows 10 🙁

on March 21, 2016

oh btw, using latest Realtek drivers (old ones didn’t work either) on an Asus Z97-K motherboard

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 22, 2016

Everything works, its just that i can’t adjust the “headset Microphone” on the level bar in your Headset Microphone properties

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 25, 2016

I have had a problem with my microphone for a long time now and I have tried everything, so I came to the conclusion on uninstalling and reinstalling the internal microphone drives and then reinstalling them. The problem is when I did check for hardware changes they did not re-install and I also tried restarting my computer yet still nothing. I am now left with no internal microphone drivers at all.

I am using the razer kraken headset with the microphone in it which is not USB. 

Windows 10 version: 1511

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 29, 2016

Hi there, 

I am trying to set up a microphone through an audiobox for recording music and nothing is working. The microphone is a Shure PGA 48 and it is plugged into a PreSonus audiobox USB. The box is plugged into the computer. We can get the mic line to flash on the audiobox if we blow into it, and we can hear what’s said in the microphone through the headphones plugged into the audiobox as well, but no sound is coming through to the computer for recording. Have tried all your tips for updating the drivers and for enabling and disabling the audiobox in the recording section. Any tips would be much appreciated. 

Emma

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 29, 2016

My computer’s built in microphone suddenly stopped working. It worked a couple of days ago, and now it doesn’t. I tried all the solutions posted but there’s nothing that works

• Liked by
Cancel