THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Win 10 Mic Problems Thread

Updated on March 20, 2016 in Devices
0 on October 26, 2015

Hi,
Been through all the steps but still can’t get mic to work. Worked fine prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to 10.
Default microphone is Conexant 20671 SmartAudio HD. It is the only option available (both enabled and disabled).
Wondering if this problem is related to the problem I had with sound (it stopped working) immediately after upgrading and Microsoft had to go in remotely to fix that.
Any help much appreciated!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 8, 2015

I haven’t been around to answer for a while, I apologize to those who wrote their questions expecting an answer and got nothing. I am going to open a new thread, because this one became too big and slow. If you’re still having problems and would like help, please post there. I will try to be more available to answering.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on December 14, 2015

– What’s the problem exactly?
built-in and headset mike inop since win 7 to win 10 (lenovo B570e).  Tried reinstall of realtek drivers, no difference…Just installed w10 1511, still no mike. 
– What is the name of your microphone/recording device?
Realtek High Def Audio
– What Windows version are you using? (to check hold Windows Key+R and type winver into the box that opens up, click enter).
Win 10 v1511 (os build 10586.29)

on January 18, 2016

Hi there,

Sorry that it took so long to respond to your query.

What is the architecture of Windows 10 installed in your system?

Please refer to the driver section for your computer model in the following Lenovo support link and install the latest audio driver. Check if the audio device is functional.
Drivers and Software: B570e Laptop (Lenovo)

Report back with the status of the issue, we’d be happy to help further.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 23, 2016
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 23, 2016

For some reason, the microphone on my headset is not being picked up at all and the only way my voice is being picked up is through the mic on the computer itself. I cannot find my mic in the recording devices at all nor are any green bars appearing when i plug in my headset. I tinkered with as many settings as i could but got nothing.

-ifrogz earphones with mic (not extremely sure, had these for about a year)
-Windows 10

on February 6, 2016

Did you make sure to check the ‘Show disabled devices’? On the first page of this thread there is a little guide with a bunch of steps and details on that part.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on February 6, 2016

Updated to Windows 10 (version 1511 build 10586.71) and my mic no longer works. It picks up sounds but it’s staticy and robot sounding. I went through the realtek driver dance, tried front and back mic ports, tried default Windows drivers and nothing. I’m currently on a Realtek preview driver but it’s the same. Tried with two different headsets same issue. At a loss.

on February 8, 2016

Do the headsets work when connected to any other computer?

Check if any Windows Updates is pending especially if it speaks about Realtek driver. Please also check the optional updates and install any ‘Realtek’ update.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel