Windows 10, built in laptop microphone not working

Updated on September 30, 2018 in Devices
1 on May 21, 2018

Hello, I’m having the same problem where my built-in microphone doesn’t work anymore

I’ve try reinstall the sound driver from the manufacturer website. still no luck.
I’m using a laptop Acer VN7-591G. 

I’ve tried to use the instructions above, but I was stuck at step 7 “Let me pick from a list of the device driver on my computer”. I cannot find ‘High Definition Audio Device” nor Realtec Driver as it’s default 

on June 29, 2018

Hello JFrog, I’m so sorry for this late reply, your post was in page 2 and I was unable to see it, remove all audio drivers you got and make sure to give it another try from this link:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5614?b=1
Then give your computer a couple of restarts and see if it works, also make sure you have the latest Windows 10 version.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 13, 2018

My built in mic is not working on a Lenovo Yoga 11e. I have gone through ll of the options and nothing works.

on September 14, 2018

Hello, did you try to install the compatible audio driver from here?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga-11e/downloads
It’s this one (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) – ThinkPad 11e, Yoga 11e) dated 02 Sep 2015. Make sure to select your Windows version from the top left list. Install the downloaded driver then give your computer a couple of restarts. Good luck!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on September 27, 2018

Hello everyone, I struggled almost a month to try to solve my micro problem, visible, correctly installed, but inoperative in the apps that use it: Skype, Audacity, etc. This problem occurred after my update in August 2018 … Today, by browsing the privacy settings, I discovered in my section “Microphone” that it was disabled … So I activated it and ‘Ô miracle’, it’s working again …

on September 30, 2018

Hello grangilou, I’m happy you could fix it! Thanks for the feedback ☺

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel