THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Windows 10 Is Downgrading My Processor

Updated on January 18, 2016 in Software
3 on December 19, 2015

I need some help here. I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz. I have the Intel Driver Update Utility. But, ever since I downloaded Windows 10, my processor keeps downgrading. I’ll update it in the Driver Update Utility, and then the next day it would downgrade again. The latest version (according to the Intel Driver Update Utility) is 15.33.38.64.4252, but it has consistently downgraded my processor back to 10.18.15.4279. I never encountered this issue when I was running Windows 8 on my desktop. My current Windows 10 Version is Version 1511 (Build 10586.36). Is there any way I can fix this issue or should I just get a new graphics card? I’ve had the same processor since I got my computer a year ago.

• Liked by
0 on January 17, 2016

Hi there,

Apologize for the delayed response.

Are you running a custom built computer? If not, then let us know the make and model no. of the computer.

Before replacing your graphics card, you could also try installing the driver compatible with Windows 8 in Windows 10 with Windows 8’s compatibility settings.

How to install a driver in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.
  • Go to the Compatibility tab.
  • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
  • Select Windows 8 (or 8.1) from the list of Operating systems.
  • Click OK.
  • Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

Reboot your computer.

Let us know the results for any further assistance.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on January 17, 2016

Before I posted this, I was using the stock graphics card. For Christmas I got a new graphics card though, and the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your answer!

on January 18, 2016

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the update.

It is great that your issue has been resolved with the install of new graphics card. Please feel free to post again whenever you have queries related to Windows 10, we’ll be happy to help.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel