Hello, I seem to be suffering with the same problem as many are currently having with their microphone has randomly stopped working. I have searched for literally hours online now and tried every step that has been suggested to no avail.
The issue occurred randomly at some point in the day whilst I was using my computer. Hadn’t recently installed any updates etc.
I am using an astro mixamp plugged into my pc with my headset plugged into the mixamp. I have been using this set up for over nine years and on this pc for over three years so it is definitely not a hardware issue. The sound still comes from the headset, this is strictly a microphone issue.
A list of the majority of things I’ve tried/have checked;
- The microphone is set to default.
- I have gone into the privacy settings via windows and all apps can access my mic.
- I have tried disabling all other audio components apart from the mic
- I have tried using a different headset, same thing happens.
- I have used my headset on a different device and it works fine.
- I uninstalled the current drivers sound drivers and downloaded the latest drivers from the manufactures website even though it said my current drivers were up to date.
- I have tried restarting with no drivers installed and for windows to auto install them.
- I have tried restoring my pc to an earlier time (~eight days ago).
- I have tried going into device manager and uninstalling the audio devices.
- I have tried bypassing the mixamp and plugging the headset into my pc directly.
- I have gone into the microphone properties via the sound setting and under the “levels” tab the microphone is at 100 and unmuted.
- Under the general tab via microphone properties there is another properties tab, clicking this says “device status: device is working properly”
- I have tried using the mic on discord, skype and windows voice recorder with no success.
I checked via cmd and it says my motherboard is “M5A99FX PRO R2.0”, so I downloaded the 64 bit sound drivers from https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/HelpDesk_Download/
There are probably one or two things I have forgot to list that I have tried, but any help would be appreciated.
If there is info needed that I have provided please let me know.