Windows 10 update Stuck at 82% all the time

Updated on September 17, 2018 in General Operating System
7 on February 1, 2018

my desktop has been trying to update to windows 10 security update for several weeks without luck. It downloads the pack correctly via the windows 10 update assistant and starts the installation but it always get stuck at 82%. Every single time at the same moment.
I’ve tried all the help steps provided on the following article except the pc reset (https://win10faq.com/windows-10-update-stuck) which I want to avoid.
Every time it gets stuck at 82%, I need to reboot the pc and it starts going back to the previous installed stage.
It is very concerning to me due to that I want to have those security updates installed.
Anyone has any additional solutions that I could look into?
Thanks

• Liked by
1 on February 1, 2018

Hello jkaramy,
this problem may lie because of a third party security software like and antivirus or a firewall. If you have any of these please disable them temporarily and try again and see if it works. We will be there to see the results and will be happy to help you further. Good luck!

on February 12, 2018

Hi Mina, thanks for reply. I do only have installed the windows defender software. Do you think I should uninstall this and then try? Thanks.!!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 12, 2018

Hey, yes I think you should give it a try. It’s worth it and if it didn’t solve the problem, it will be easy to reinstall it again. Let me know how it went! Good luck!

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on March 21, 2018

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue! Has there been any resolution?

on March 21, 2018

Hello Timmyb,
I was thinking that maybe the Antivirus software can block this kind of updates, so if you got one, try to disable it and give it a try.
If you’re having a Desktop computer with a WiFi card, it may be useful to check this guide about removing it, we know it sometimes solves it.
https://win10faq.com/how-to-remove-your-wifi-card/

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on March 21, 2018

Thanks! Ill give it a go tonight. 🙂

on March 21, 2018

Great! Will be waiting to know about it! Good luck! 😀

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel