THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED.

Win 10 Mic Problems Thread (continued)

Updated on March 31, 2016 in Devices
105 on November 8, 2015

This is the continuation of the old thread that got too big. Please post your question here or check the old thread to check how other users solved their problems.

If you’re asking a question, please post:
1. What the problem is, exactly. What are you trying to do that isn’t working?

2. what is the product name or brand of your microphone,

3. what is your Windows version / build. Simply “Windows 10” is usually not enough information to help us help you! To check your full version number hold Windows Key+R (Windows key is the key on your keyboard that looks like a Microsoft logo) and type “winver” into the box that opens up, then click enter.

Thanks

• Liked by
1 on November 10, 2015

I have tried everything to get my microphone to work. I have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, however, the green bars still do not move up and down. 
My product is the latest apple earphones and the windows version is windows 10

on November 21, 2015

Hi Khloe, 

Does it work when you try a different set of headphones?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on November 13, 2015

I accidently uninstalled the headset microhpone and i dont know how to get it back

on November 21, 2015

Hi Limes,

If you’re still having this problem: search google for:
“name-of-your-headset drivers windows 10”

Of course replace the words “name-of-your-headest” with the actual name of your headset 🙂

Try to download and install the latest drivers. See if that brings it back.

Cheers

on February 19, 2016

Hi, the same thing happened to me but My headphones dont have drivers so what should I do?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on November 18, 2015

Hi,
Tried Everything but still my mic doesn’t work
Untill Recently mic was good but donno why it is not responding
Headphone – Dragon War GHS03
WinVer – 1511 OS Ver 10586.3

Someone could help me out! been without mic like 20 days! hard to play!
Regards,
SteaLth

on November 21, 2015

Hi S.,

I imagine you tried this: https://www.onlinemictest.com ?

When you right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen, and then click Recording Devices, do you see your microphone on the list? Is it enabled? Is it the default device?

Thanks

on November 21, 2015

Hey,
I tried it and no response of my mic
Yes it is enabled and Set as Default.

Thanks for Replying : )

on January 31, 2016

Hey,

What is the make of your computer? Find the exact model number and post here.

In this case, install the sound driver in compatibility mode:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.
c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.
e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Report back with your results. We’ll be happy to assist.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 18, 2015

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, Microfon not displayed anywhere. 

Kingston hyperx cloud, windows 10.

on November 21, 2015

Hi Krystof, can you explain where exactly your microphone is not displayed?

Does it work in this test?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 18, 2015

sir i have tried everything bt nothing is working

on November 21, 2015

Hi pritish,

Sorry to hear stuff isn’t working, but I’ll need a little more information than that to help…

Please post:
1. what your problem is,
2. what is the product name or brand of your microphone,
3. what is your Windows version (to check hold Windows Key+R and type winver into the box that opens up, then click enter).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 20, 2015

Ii have the same problem  with my built-in microphone of my desktop recently purchase with Windows 10.
People via Skype did not hear me. My microphone apparently did work as the green bars are moving while I am talking.

on November 21, 2015

Hi T.,

If you can see the green bars moving in the Windows settings then this is likely a Skype settings problem.

In Skype:
1. Click on Call
2. Click on Audio Settings
3. See if anything moves when you speak into the mic, and if it doesn’t try playing with the settings for the microphone.

From that audio settings screen you can also initiate a Skype test call, which will record you and play you back, to see you you sound (or don’t) to others you talk to.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 21, 2015

Since windows 10 my internal microphone has been working poorly (Conexant SmartAudio HD)

I do see the green bars, but they’re very very low even when I’ve adjusted my settings to 100. When I’ve used my microphone people say my voice sounds robotic, like I have a voice changer on it.

I followed all your instructions to get the microphone to work, updating drivers, checking for disabled devices, etc, but it still stays low and poor quality where it never did before.

on January 31, 2016

Hi there,

Please install the Conexant SmartAudio HD in compatibility mode with Windows 8 in the compatibility settings.

In this case, install the sound driver in compatibility mode:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.
c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.
e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 21, 2015

When I got windows 10, my microphone stopped working.

I’m pretty savvy when it comes to setting up these things, however when I right click the speaker icon and click “Recording Devices”, it pops up with the recording devices window but it is unresponsive and never responds. I can click Playback Devices and set things up there, but if I click the Recording Devices tab it will immediately become unresponsive. I have no idea what could be causing this, and internet searches have provided not a single clue. please help.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 25, 2015

My mic isn’t detecting any sound. I’ve done onlinemictest.com and it doesn’t show any sound coming through. Weird thing is this, I was in a voip program at the time and it detected my friend speaking to me over voip. I’ve checked all the settings and even installed the driver suggested for a VIA mic and nothing. Curse, the voip program I’m using, keeps giving me a message that I’m too quiet to hear. I’ve turned sensitivity and such all the way up and even yelled as loud as i could into the mic and still nothing.

Razer Kraken headset
Win 10 build 10240

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on November 27, 2015

My mic/headset isnt detecting any sound. After trying every “solution” on the Skype and Windows pages, my mic/headset is still unable to pick up audio.

BestSonic headset
Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14)

on January 29, 2016

How long has this thread been on?  How many mics now work?  0 mics.  Microsoft is ignoring the problem.  I wonder how many mics do not work with the Life Chat headphones.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel